Google

Wednesday, August 22, 2007



My last madness of chocolate cake


Since always, I am accro with the chocolate cake. When I was child my mom made some very good, the “Ruy-Blas”, receipt which you can find in the book of Ginette Mathiot “Pastry making For All”. A few years ago, I bought this book in version delivers pocket and it is very practical because he contains all the bases of pastry making.
For pastry making, I also use the book of Gaston Lenotre “Made Your Pastry making You Even” and more recently (gift of my small Lucie sister) “Larousse of the Pastry making of Pierre Hermé”.


During these last years, I tested many receipts of chocolate cake according to my desires of the moment. It was a strenuous work and difficult, but I did it for you.
Then one day, I discovered in a special file chocolate of the magazine IT a receipt of chocolate cake written by Pierre Hermé of exclusiveness for IT.
Good, I cannot simply quote Pierre Hermé like that and pass.
You will find hundreds of interviews and portraits of him on the Net. After having read of it a certain number in French and English, I deliver that of the site Gourmet-TV to you
“Pierre Hermé, one of the largest pastrycooks of all times. Insatiable creator, Pierre absolutely saw his trade in family logic bus at Hermé, in Alsace one is a baker and confectioner of wire father since four generations. A 14 years, Pierre makes his training at the large Gaston Lenôtre and at 19 years, the Master entrusts to him the responsibility for one of his workshops. Its fulgurating rise is proportional to its immense talent. After the Carlton Hotel in Brussels and the Intercontinental one in Luxembourg, Pierre makes reappear pastry making at Fauchon then at Ladurée. In 1998, it opens its first pastry making in Tokyo followed by a tearoom in 2000 and its first store to Paris in 2001. Thanks to its high doubled technicality of a single sensitivity, its creations are compared with the haute couture. The Hermé style underlines the harmony of savours, textures and the forms while preserving the pleasure of greediness. “
I had read many things on him in IT. Finding one day, me in the Latin Quarter and having a few hours to kill before joining David, I remembered that one of its shops was not very far. And here how I found myself to the 72 street Bonaparte.
Pierre Hermé72 street Bonaparte75006 ParisM° St Sulpice
It is an incredible pastry making, I had the impression to be in a museum. I walked gently along the window where the cakes are stored and I looked at them one by one by reading descriptions. I did not believe my eyes of them, each cake is a wonder and associations of ingredients are single. I remember in particular one pie to the strawberry and tomato.
I felt a very strong emotion which I had never tested in a pastry making. I also appreciated that one leaves me with my contemplation. I ended up buying macaroons, the famous pie with the strawberry and tomato, a pie with lemon and much of other good things. Roof of the chance, Pierre Hermé was outside when I left. I said to him hello spontaneously because I knew his face and it answered me. A few seconds later, I felt somewhat ridiculous bus if me I knew his face to have seen it in photograph, I was for him a perfect unknown factor!
Pierre Hermé is often described in the press like the dressmaker of the high pastry making or Picasso of pastry making. He leaves a new collection at each season. I include/understand better maintaining the emotion felt.
Now, here the receipt which I use in this moment:
What I changed compared to that of the maqazine IT:
I use slightly salted butter in the place of soft butter.I do not grate the chocolate but I cut it in small pieces (shame one me! I know that truths pastrycooks grate the chocolate, but to grate 250 G of chocolate to the hand, not! the only time where I grate chocolate, it is when I make a tiramisu).It sometimes happens to me to use of black Lindt serves to chocolate 70% when I do not have any more Valrohna. I use a square mould Téfal in the place of the flexible mould.
Ingredients
For 8 to 10 people
bitter chocolate 250g (Guanaja de Valrhona)250 G of slightly salted butter at ambient temperaturesugar 200g4 large eggs70g of flour
Receipt
Preheat your furnace on 180° C.Dissolve the chocolate and let cool it.Mixer butter and sugar 4 min at mean velocity.I use a whisk (so only I had a true Kitchen-Aid robot, because 4 minutes, it is long!)Add eggs one by one, by beating 1 min between each egg.Incorporate the chocolate then mix.Incorporate the flour then mix.Pour the paste in your mould and smooth the top.Make cook 30 approximately min, until the cake is slightly inflated and which the top is cracked a little.Let cool before unmoulding.
What I note:
I insist if not you will be disappointed: it is absolutely necessary to wait the following day before tasting it. It is indeed the following day that it becomes marrowy with a small crust on the top which cracks. It is still best two days later.
It is a very rich cake, to thus cross in very small pieces in order to leave with your guests freedom eat the quantity which they want. You will see some cannot stop more but I will not quote a name, David.
You will find an excellent receipt of Pierre Hermé on the blog Chocolate&Zucchini, the Cake with the Chocolate, Abricots and Ginger.

No comments: